Emergency Calling System Information
Keeping you informed is a priority at Gilford School District. That’s why we have adopted the an Emergency Notification Service which will allow us to send a telephone or e-mail message to you providing important information about school emergencies, cancellations, etc. We use this means of communication to notify you of school delays or cancellations due to inclement weather, and other emergency communications.
In the event of an emergency at school, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be informed immediately by phone.
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through Gilford’s Notification System
- Caller ID will display the school’s main number when an announcement is delivered. They will display as follows: 527-9215 from Gilford School District; 524-7135 from Gilford High School; 527-2460 from Gilford Middle School and 524-1661 from Gilford Elementary School
- Caller ID will display 411 if the message is a dire emergency.
- The system will leave a message on your answering machine or voicemail.
- If the message stops playing, press any key 1-9 and the message will replay from the beginning.
- If you see a call from this number and there is no voice, press any key on your phone and it will start.
We have currently uploaded the home, work and cell phone numbers of the first two contacts listed in our student information system. In the event of an extreme emergency such as an unexpected early release, all six numbers will be called. In the event of an ‘expected’ snow day or other ‘non-emergency’ situation, only the primary number will be called.
It is important that we have accurate contact information for emergencies etc. If you feel any changes need to be made to your students’ contact information such as e-mail address or phone numbers, please e-mail the following contacts:
All school closings / cancellations can also be found at www.wmur.com
Should a weather related late-entry occur on the day of an early-release in-service, the school will keep the students in school for the remainder of the day and cancel the in-service program.